"Mr Singh has proved a hopeless decision maker as Prime Minister."- Financial Times, London, April 15th 2009
- action requested: Hindu Temple Attacked by Muslims in Rampurhat, West Bengal
- Narendra Modi’s website now in Sanskrit also
According to Sanskrit Bharti’s press release, Sanskrit version of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s website Narendramodi.in will be launched in Ahmedabad by Vishva Hindu Parishad supremo Shri Ashok Singhal on Saturday.May God Shri Ram ji bless Gujarat and Bharat's best Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji for giving Samskrtam (misnomer: Sanskrit) Bhasha its due credit and for promoting it. त्वां धन्यं वदामि।
A small function has been arranged on this occasion at Ellisbridge Gymkhana in Ahmedabad, at 5:00 pm tomorrow. Sarasa peeth head priest Shri Avichaldasji Maharaj and Sanskrit scholar Shri Dahyabhai Shastri will be present at this function.
This would be the first website of any leader in the world in Sanskrit.
- Truth & Lies behind Kandahar Hijack
- Point by Point comparison of NDA vs UPA
- सोनिया गांधी का खतरनाक और गैर-जिम्मेदाराना बयान
- Indian Passport for bribe of $100 / रु॰ 5000
- Advani correct, India ranks fifth in ‘dirty money’ outflow
- Swapan Dasgupta at Friends of BJP in Jamshedpur
- 'If Afzal were Anand, he would have been hanged by now'. Congress's divisive communal Vote Bank politics.
- Advani says UPA not hanging Afzal to gain votes
- 'If Afzal were Anand, he would have been hanged by now'
"They (UPA) are saying that there were terrorist attacks like the one on Parliament and Aksahrdham when I was Home Minister, I say yes I accept it. But see what we have done in the case. We caught the conspirators, prosecuted them and convicted them," Mr. Advani said addressing an election rally in New Vadaj area of the city.
"One of the main accused was given death sentence. He appealed in higher courts but it was rejected. Still he has not been hanged. If he (Afzal) were Anand Singh or Anand Mohan then he would have been hanged by now. I would like to ask Manmohan Singh is it just because he is Afzal Guru he is not being hanged?" Mr. Advani asked.
Mr. Advani said if the UPA government is thinking that by delaying execution of Afzal Guru they will get votes, then they are wrong. "India's Muslims are saying that by doing this the government was defaming their community."
"I have talked to my Muslim brothers, they too are not for this decision. They say that government was taking their name and doing wrong things, we are not saying don't punish the terrorists," he said.
- Sonia Lacks Knowledge Of State Govt Functioning: Narendra Modi
- Set Minimum Education Qualifications For Politicians: Baba Ramdev ji To EC
- Congress deserves to lose India’s elections by Razeen Sally, Financial Times
- Congress against coalition culture, BJP warns regional parties
- Congress under Sonia playing vote-bank politics: BJP
"Congress under Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi followed nationalism. But now it has deviated from its earlier goals and become a pseudo-secular party trying to garner the Muslim vote-bank," BJP's state unit chief Ramapati Ram Tripathy said at an election meeting here.
"Sonia and her children Rahul and Priyanka are indulging in vote-bank politics by trying to appease the minorities," Tripathy said.
- The Congress quartet’s political morality by Sudheendra Kulkarni
- Advani says BJP only “truly” secular party in India
“If Afzal Guru was Anand Mohan, he would have been hanged. I don’t blame the Muslims. They do not want terrorism in the country. But these people, who play vote bank politics do not understand that by having this kind of an approach, they are actually, insulting Muslims. The BJP promises that if there is any party in the country that is truly secular, it is the BJP,” Advani said.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata lashed out at the Left Front.
“Since 32 years, there is no change in West Bengal. The West Bengal Government is a government of the goons, by the goons and for the goons. They don’t accept the constitutional obligations or the public obligation. They rig the election and they kill people. They are not allowing us to campaign. This government has to be sacked. We want democratic elections,” she said.