Police sources said the bomb, kept inside coach number 8209 of 901 Lumding-Tinsukia passenger train, exploded around 8 am as it entered Diphu railway station.
The outlawed Karbi Longri National Liberation Front (KLNLF), a rebel group fighting for an independent homeland for the majority Karbi tribe in the area, is one of the powerful outfits in the region where the explosion took place.
The KLNLF Tuesday launched an economic blockade in the region to pressurize the government to hold peace talks.
- Train blast kills 3 in Assam
- Two killed, 30 injured in Assam train bombing
- Three killed, 30 wounded in Assam train blast
- Three killed in Assam train blast
- 3 killed, 30 injured in Assam train blast
- Bomb blast kills 2, wounds 30 in India
- Official: Bomb blast kills 2, wounds 30 in India
- Two die in Assam train bomb blast